Scroll down

20 Jan 2018

Between lines


The reluctant fundamentalist.
Mohsin Hamid. Peguin Street Art
209 pages.

Hello my friendly bloggers. I am back again. I am sorry for not having written  for a long time, but the waiting will be worth it. Today I am going to recommend an awesome book which I have just finisthed, its title is “The reluctant fundamentalist” I hope you find my advice useful.

The plot

The story is about a Pakistani young boy named Changez. He gets a work replacement  because of his grades and starts to work for a huge American Company.  As he is a committed, determined and hard working person, he becomes a tremendous asset for his firm, thus, Change's world will begin to change little by little.

As he is given more responsibility, he will experience another perspective of the relationship between colleagues and friends. Besides, some internationl events influence  his thoughts and will lead him to make some hard choices, about work, friends and love.

Do not judge a book by its cover

In my humble opinion, emotional, sensitive and truly realistic. This book can take you to a new world of images, smells and tastes. It is a thought-provoking story that can make you reconsider your traditional view of this unknown coutry called Pakistan.


Despite its title, it's not about politics but life, dreams, values. Easy to read and written in a particular way. This book will surprise you, and for sure will change some  prejudices that are ingrained  in our society. I undoubtely recommend it if you want to become an open-minded person. Enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. I also found it very enlightening! Amazing how a book based on a conversation about life - as yo said - can keep your interest from cover to cover! Well ... a monologue :)

    ReplyDelete