Scroll down

22 Jan 2018

Frozen Pizza and Other Slices of Life

"Frozen Pizza, Frozen England"

Hello guys! I am here with a book I just found really easy to read and super interesting. I hope you find it as delightful as I did.

First Encounter

Basically, this book tries to show us how different England can be through eight stories, depending on the point of view and the life people led. In general, all of them are chapters about real life.

Plot

The collection of short tales provides us an insight into some aspects of British society. In the book we can find different examples like an exchange student who lives with a British family, a man who does not want to change his mind, a boy who loses his identity joining a gang, and many more, but with no doubt, the most impressive one for me is the story about two different worlds in the same city, London. It describes the inner-city problems that people experience every single day.

My mind

There is a particular touching feeling in some of the stories while with others it is just the opposite. I highly recomended it if you are looking for a well written and educational collection of short tales about the life in England in the 21st century.


1 comment:

  1. Looks really interesting! You've "sold" the book to me. I will ask for it to be bought for the library!

    ReplyDelete