Scroll down

22 Jan 2018

SWIMMING AMONG BOOKS

Thriller
Friday, December 15, 2017
Reading The couple next door (2016)
The couple next door. Shari Lapena. 2016. Bantam Press. 304 pages

Hello readers! I'd like to advise you to read a book for Christmas. I hope you find my review inspiring and get down to reading the story I am presenting. As you will see, I absolutely recommend it.


First Encounter

Anne and Marco are a married couple who live in upstate New York. They are first-time parents and their daughter Cora is only six months old.


Plot

The story starts when their next door neighbour is going to organize a dinner party in order to celebrate her husband's birthday and they are invited. Nevertheless, an important requirement exists to attend, children are not allowed. They do not have a babysitter. In spite of that they finally decide to go because they will carry the baby monitor and take turns to check at their baby every half an hour. The problem comes when they return from the party and the child has disappeared.


My mind

This is a gripping story. The fear of what had happened with Cora hooks you throughout all the book and your suspicions change as you read.

Thanks!
I'd like to thank my sister who recommended this book to me because she knows that I love thrillers! Please do not miss this book, it is one of the best ones that I've read.


Cristina Vicente


1 comment:

  1. It sounds very interesting to me and I'm planning to read it! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete