Scroll down

22 Jan 2018

BEA'S REVIEW

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2017

Resultado de imagen de the curious incident of the dog in the nighttimeTHE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME, VINTAGE CONTEMPORARIES, 2004

I am glad that I decided to read this book because it is an involving story. I would certainly recommend it.

First encounter
When I was looking for a book to read, I had never imagined that this story would fall into my hands. At first, this book seems pretty easy to read. I was looking for a book according to my English level but finally I am very surprised with this real story and I not only found a book I can understand but also a compelling read.

Plot
The story begins when Chistopher (main character,15 years old) finds his neighbour's dog dead; so he decides to try to find out who killed him. Christopher is a young boy who suffers a kind of autism called Asperger's syndrome. He has difficulties to understand human behaviour. He feels afraid when someone touches him so he reacts with violence and shouts at them. He hates yellow, he believes that if he sees five yellow cars one day it means that he will have a bad day. In contrast, if he sees five red cars, his day will be perfect. Finally, not only does he discover who killed the dog but also he discovers that he is able to do everything he intends to do because he considers himself a brave boy.

My mind
Christopher is a boy who achieves what he puts his mind to despite his difficulties. Don't miss it, it is a gripping story that will change your perception of human behaviour.

Beatriz Almagro

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I totally share your opinion. I felt the book was a window giving onto a different reality I didn't even know it existed.

    ReplyDelete