Scroll down

2 Feb 2018

David's Corner

Book reviews
December 10th, 2017
Leisure Time: About The Book Thief
The Book Thief. Markus Zusak. 2005. 539 pages. Publisher Picador.



Hi my enthusiastic followers. Today, I bring you a new book review. I had heard about it and I must confirm it as a marvelous drama/war, deeply inspiring and heartwarming book.

This story takes place during the years of the Second World War (1939-1945). Concretely, the book is set in a German town called Molching, where its inhabitants live in the Nazi time.

The plot is told from Death’s point of view. It narrates how a girl (Liesel) travels from Munich to Molching to be adopted by a host family. Liesel has to start a new life. At the beginning it will be hard but soon she will meet some friends such as Rudy or Max. Her foster father will teach her to read and she will take books from Major’s house without their permission. In fact, she borrows them because in that age it was banned to have books. At the end, World War II finishes with some consequences in everything around Liesel’s life.


I am glad that I decided to read it because this book made me think and sometimes even cry. I would recommend it without any doubt. I consider that it deserves 9 out of 10.

I am going to see you next week with a new book review. I am looking forward to your comments and as always, I will answer all your questions.



I love you, my followers!!

1 comment:

  1. You've shown us the spirit of the book very vividly. Although I do not like the topic of the WW2, I must admit I very much enjoyed the book. I don't know if it is the original choice of narrator, the prose, ...

    ReplyDelete