Scroll down

10 Apr 2018

Cristina's Corner

Sunday, December  17, 2017

Title: PARSON’S PLEASURE
Roald Dahl. Completely Unexpected Tales. 1986

Hello book lovers! Today I am going to write about a different book. I usually read long books or novels, but this time I have changed to short stories.  At the moment, I have only read one tale, but this book has many of them to continue.

Plot

Mr Boggis is a man who had an idea to become rich. The thing is that this "brilliant" idea consisted in stealing people without they realising it. It started one day, when he casually discovered that in some farms there was antique furniture.  He thought that tricking the owners would be easy. He went into their homes, he told them some lies to try to buy their old furniture at a very low price, afterwards he could sell it for thousand of pounds. However, lying to people was not going to be as easy as he thought.

My mind

This story is unpredictable, and it is very easy to read. If you have little time it is perfect for you. You can read it on the bus or underground or while you are waiting for some appointment. But  in particular I recommend it because you have to know the ending of the story. It is very funny, and I am sure you will love it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked it. It's one of my favourite books. Some of the stories have been made into short films I've been told. See the blog FROM COVER TO COVER. There's a student who talks about it in his review, Juan Melgarejo.

    ReplyDelete