Scroll down

4 Apr 2018

Maria's review

                                                                                                       Other ways
November 17th 2017

The fault in our stars
The fault in our stars. John Green. 2012. Penguin Books. 317 pages.

Hey guys! This evening I'm doing my first proper book review on my blog. I'm going to review an overly-talked about book that you often see on other blogs and pretty Instagrams.

This book, my friends, is the Fault In Our Stars. And as you will see, I strongly recommend it.

First encounter
This is NOT a soppy love story. The Fault in Our Stars is 
an explanation of life.
The story has a main theme of illness and life, so before you read the book, you should realize that reality will strike you. Cancer is a very dramatic topic, and Green captures the subject in an intelligent way.


Plot

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddendly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.


My mind

The blurb on the back of the cover describe the story well: insightful, bold, irreverent and raw.
Truly, it has an extremely powerful moral story, which I shall not spoil. The characterization is magically strong, representing the person of Hazel Grace beautifully. Plus, I really want to meet Augustus.

I watched the movie once before reading the book and now that I can compare both, I confirm that the book is much more worthwhile. I rate it 9,5/10!

It is important to know that the book is as much for teenagers as for adults so don’t hesitate to read it! 

Just as Hazel said once in the book: “You read a book and it fills you with this evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never put back together unless and until all living humans read the book”.

1 comment:

  1. María, lovely contribution. Sometimes the younger students are the ones who teach us more about life and death!

    ReplyDelete