Scroll down

22 Jan 2018

PAULA M.'S REVIEW



Resultado de imagen de harry potter and the philosophers stone

Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone. J.K. Rowling. Bloomsbury 1997.

I started to consider reading this book many years ago but I was never able to go on it beyond the first chapter. When I knew I had to read a book in English, I thought that it could be a good time to resume reading it. I went to see the film with my brother when it was shown in cinemas and, since then, seeing the new Harry Potter's films together became a tradition and made me love this saga.

First encounter

Descriptions called my attention at first. Both, the situations and the characters, are meticulously described, allowing readers to perfectly imagine the plot created by the author.

Plot

Harry Potter, a ten-year-old orphan boy, that had been leaving on the shadow of his cousin and suffering serious emotional deficiencies, discovered that he wasn't a normal boy living in the cupboard under the stairs. Actually, he was a famous magician since he defeated the most evil and powerful magician in history, called Voldemort, when he was only a baby, on the same night his parents died.

The story takes place in a school of magic called "Hogwarts", where Harry and his new friends learn all kinds of spells and potions to face the dangers they find.

My mind

A world of magic and fantasy has been created to submerge the reader into the story. Although this kind of books aren't thought for adults firstly, the author, has managed to turn a book for children into an interesting read for all types of readers.

                                                                                                                                                   Paula M.                                                                                         

2 comments:

  1. Right you are! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, too! Are you planning to go on reading the next ... in English?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am. I have already started reading it :)

    ReplyDelete